My name is Annie Payne and my personal and family history business is called History from the Heart, which I founded and opened on 1 January 2006.
I work with people who want more than a family tree. Through individual projects, workshops and some innovative products I have created and developed, I can help people to gather, organise and preserve their family stories as a heritage legacy.
Typically, I work with:
- Adults with elderly parents who want to capture their parent's stories
- Busy, time poor people who struggle to find the time to capture family stories
- Elderly or end of life people who need help to write their stories.
Due to years of personal history experience, I have created affordable products and services to help people to reveal, record and preserve their
stories as a family legacy for the future.
I help people to add buds, flowers and foliage to their family tree.
- Member (since 2006) of Association of Personal Historians.
- Only Australian selected for inclusion in "My Words Are Gonna Linger" APH's inaugural anthology of stories.
- Contributed to Modules #2 and #4 of the APH Tool Kit (a how-to manual about running a successful personal history business.
- Honorary member of the South Western Canada Region of APH
- Member of the selection panels for both the Keynote Speakers and Workshop Presentations for the 2010 APH Annual Conference, Victoria, Canada
- Finalist in Belmont Small Business Awards, 2006
- Author of 'Inside the Clare Valley' published in 1998 by Seaview Press
- Regularly interviewed on ABC Radio Perth's Afternoon program
- Regularly interviewed on 6PR Radio's 'Sunday Cafe' program
- Article 'The Gift of Love' published in Flourish Magazine, Autumn 2007
I am an experienced public speaker and regularly speak to groups about the following topics