GD Local & Applied History; MLitt - Australian History (UNE); Dip Fam Hist Studies (SAG); FSAGHS.
Great-great-grand-son of William Wilson and great-grand-son of Leonard William Peake, the author has a strong family affiliation with the south-east of South Australia, through the Peake, Townsend and Wilson families of Penola. He has written a number of publications with a family and local history focus, including South Australian History Sources, which is its third format. He was a joint founder with the Right Revd. Dr TT Reed, of the South Australian Genealogy and Heraldry Society in 1972.
Author of numerous history publications including, The Family history of William Remnant Townsend (1971), The Peake family in South Australia (1972), Bibliography of Australian Family History (1988); South Australian History Sources (2007), National Register of Ship Arrivals: Australian and New Zealand (1988-1999); History and Records of West Terrace Cemetery, Adelaide (1998) and editor of The South Australian Genealogist (1992-1999) and Australian Family History Gazette (1985-1987).
Co-founder of the South Australian Genealogy and Heraldry Society in 1972 and Fellow of the Society and one time its President. President of the Australasian Federation of Family History Organisations (1984-1987, 2009-). Awarded the AFFHO Award for Meritorious Service to Family History in 2003.
- Bankruptcy Records
- Biographical Sources for the Family Historian in South Australia and the Northern Territory
- Employment Records as a Source of Biographical History: South Australia and the Northern Territory
- Immigration Records to Australia Post World War II
- Life Events that Create Records
- Records Relating to Institutional Care in South Australia
- South Australian Shipping Records
- The South Australian Government Gazette with particular reference to … (Port Adelaide, Copper Triangle etc) -