Warby Family Reunion
24 Mar 2013 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Glenalvon, 8 Lithgow Street,
- New South Wales
- Cost: $5 adults, $1 children
- 02 9449 2403
Reunion for the descendants of John and Sarah Warby (nee Bentley)
Known children of John & Sarah Warby
1. Edward (1800-1804)
2. William (1801-1885) m. Jemima Middleton
3. Elizabeth (1802-1894) m1. James Layton, m2. James Keirnan
4. John (1803-1826)
5. Benjamin (1805-1880) m1. Elizabeth Hunt, m2. Judith Bent
6. Jane (twin) (1806-1876) m. Michael Byrne
7. Sarah (twin) (1806-1895) m1. Alexander MacDonald, m2. Joseph Terry
8. Charles Cable (1810-1876) m. Elizabeth Dean
9. Mary Ann (1812-1904) m. James Graham
10. Robert George (1814-1853) m. Elizabeth Fowler
11. Eliza (1815-1896) m. William Fowler
12. James (1817-1849) m. Mary Ann Brooker
13. Joseph (1818-1899) m. Elizabeth Fowler
14. Richard (1821-in infancy)
There will be a sausage sizzle and tea and coffee, and people living in Sydney might like to bring a slice or something similar to share around. As there are a limited number of chairs so people arriving by car might like to bring a folding chair. Help will be needed on the day collecting entry fees and giving out name tags.
Stella Vernon of the Campbelltown Historical Society will lead the group on a tour of St Peter’s Church, and will then continue on to the grave of John and Sarah Warby. Much angst has been expressed as to the condition of this grave. Descendants of Alexander and Sarah MacDonald might like cross the road to the Presbyterian Cemetery.
Suggested accommodation for those coming from outside Sydney is the Campbelltown Colonial Motor Inn, 20 Queen Street, Campbelltown, NSW. Phone (02) 4625 2345. The administration area of this motel was originally John Warby’s barn. Sadly the building that was his stables is no longer a restaurant.
If you want any further information about the family or the reunion, please contact Michelle Vale.