Victorian Expo (Geelong) - Venue and facilities
The Geelong Arena is a multi-use Sports and Entertainment venue; the host of a wide variety of high class events. It houses four purpose built basketball courts, inclusive of the Showcourt/Auditorium suitable for local through to international sport competitions and events. The fully licensed venue has plenty of parking and is situated opposite North Geelong railway station which is convenient for out of town and local visitors.
110 Victoria Street, North Geelong, 4 kilometres from Geelong CBD and 74 kilometres from Melbourne.
The Arena is a “disabled friendly venue” and complies with all disability anti-discrimination legislation. The venue has an elevator to enable movement between floors with disabled seating and toilet facilities available. There are no obstacles for wheelchairs entering or leaving the building - Arena web site.
The Arena has a disabled drop off and one car park very close to the main entrance (north side of the venue on Victoria Street). There are also a few disabled car spaces at the side and back of the venue.
Getting There and Parking
Go to the Arena web site page and enlarge the Google map the check entry and parking. The building nearest Victoria Street is the Expo venue. The main entry is off Victoria Street, but there is a rear entry to the venue if parking off Baxter Street.
- By Car
- from the north turn LEFT into Victoria Street (East of Melbourne-Geelong Rd)
or from the south turn RIGHT 1st turn after doing under the overpass
- then 1st turn right into Margaret Street Overpass
- then 1st turn right into Baxter Road
- then 1st turn right into Victoria Street
Parks are available off Baxter Road, off Victoria St alongside the venue and also to the north of the venue by the train station.
- By Train - We recommend you consider coming by train if this is convenient as the car park is also used by train commuters and car parking may be stretched if our numbers are up as we hope - at least on the Friday. The Geelong North Station is less than 100 metres from the Arena. If returning (north) by train late afternoon Friday, be aware that the trains may be quite crowded for 2 hours or so from about 4pm with people heading to the MCG for the Friday AFL night match between Geelong and Collingwood.
- By Bus - Please access the Geelong Bus Network, alternatively visit Benders Busways Geelong
Meals & Refreshments
- Morning and afternoon teas and lunches will be available for purchase from the Arena Café.
Click here for Arena Café Menu (PDF file)
- Expo dinner - join presenters, exhibitors and the Unlock the Past team for a meal and informal networking on the Friday evening from 5.30pm - 7pm between exhibition close and the evening special presentation. We will email all who have pre-booked nearer the time to get expressions of interest as a guide to caterers.
Please visit the Geelong Otway Tourism for more information.
Search Google maps for "north Geelong accommodation" for a handy guide to nearby accommodation
Here are some moderately priced motel suggestions:
- Comfort Inn Parkside, 68 High St Belmont
- Parkwood Golden Chain - 1.5km from venue
- The Sphinx - 1.2km from venue
- Rippleside Park Motor Inn is 300m from venue
If you want more visit - http://visitgeelongbellarine.com/list/accommodation/geelong
It is wise to book soon as we expect a good number of visitors from a distance and there are at least two other major events on in Geelong the same time.