South Australia & Victorian Border Expo (Mt Gambier) - Exhibitor Information
Invitation to exhibit - now FREE for non-commercial exhibitors and at reduced rates for commercial exhibitors
We invite all societies, businesses and organisations related to the history and genealogy field to consider exhibiting. Click here for the Exhibitor Booking Form
If you fit one of the following categories or similiar, then an Unlock the Past Expo is a good place to be:
- Historical societies - local, family, military, religious history, re-enactment groups, oral history, pioneer associations, sporting, railway, aviation, maritime, motoring, National Trust, special interest groups.
- Cultural & ethnic - Chinese, Cornish, German, Greek, Irish, Italian, Jewish, Polish, Scottish, Irish, convict etc.
- Libraries, archives & museums - public, private, government & specialist libraries, archives & museums, local history collections, military, maritime, aviation & motoring museums, RSL clubs/museums, cemeteries.
- Research services - anyone who offers research services or is compiling databases. Transcription agents.
- Heritage tourism - heritage tour operators, battlefield tours, heritage trails, accommodation, visitor information centres.
- Professional services - historians, genealogists, education & training, translation, writing & proofreading, speaking.
- Miscellaneous products & service suppliers - photo & video duplication, restoration & conversion, scrapbooking, microfilm, document & book scanning & supplies, archival products & services, DNA services, printers, binding services, genealogy charting, calligraphy.
- Long established business or organisations - if your business, industry or organisation has a long history in a community, an expo is a great place to showcase that history, promote your business and add the event. Examples are newspapers, industries such as mining, timber, fishing etc. - any business, small or large, that has been part of the community in the region over a long period.
- Heritage products & services - heritage crafts, antiques, foods, antiquarian booksellers.
- Publishers & resellers - books, data CDs, maps, magazines, online content, indexes.
This Expo will be widely promoted through
- established genealogy history and heritage channels through much of Victoria and South Australia.
- local council, tourism and business authorities - to the general public.
- regional media.
- online and print advertising and newsletters - and through social media (electronic "word of mouth").
- the exhibitors and speakers, many with their own significant mailing lists.
This will be a unique opportunity - not be missed - to get exposure, new members, users and customers for your society, library, archives, museum, products and services. It is open to organisations, businesses or individuals in the history, genealogy and heritage fields - large or small. Also to other businesses who may offer services of interest to those attending, e.g. video services or conversions, scrapbooking, printing etc.
Power will be available if required. As there are limited power points you should bring your own labelled power lead and power board.
If you need Internet access you will need to provide your own. Mobile modems can be purchased now for little more than the cost of paying access to another provider for a day or two. Be sure your provider has Mt Gambier coverage - Telstra almost certainly will, others may.
Access & Set-up
Exhibitor access and set-up time will be from Friday 7am (Thursday night might also be an option for set-up though is subject to confirmation). Public access will be from 9am.
Parkign availabel on site
Meals and refreshments
We urge exhibitors to have any meals they need before or after the main lunch break or bring your own to have in the exhibition area. Those who wish to join us for an evening meal each day after the exhibition closure are welcome; please advise your interest that morning if not before.
Any attendant at your table needs to register for the expo - as a visitor. This is FREE if pre-booked by 20 June - or $5 on the day.
It is the responsibility of each exhibitor to ensure that they have adequate insurance to cover theft or damage to their goods and equipment as well as public liability.
We are planning for approximately 300-400 registrants over two days. We will however update you near the time how bookings are going.
It is in your interest and ours for you to help publicise the Expo. We have a brochure which we can supply in any quantity you can usefully use. Please let us know on the Exhibitors Stand Registration Form. We hope you will also give notice on your web site or email or print newsletters. Even if you can’t exhibit, you can still advertise or have a voucher in the Expo program/booklet or with an insert in the registration package.
Most tables are 1800mm (6 foot). For those who do not wish to exhibit, there will be a brochure-only table - free for up to two brochures. We have a very large exhibition area. If you want an extra table we can supply this at no extra charge.
- Commercial exhibitors - one 1800mm table with power - $100 (extra table/s FREE)
- Local and family history societies, libraries, archives , museums - FREE - including extra table/s if desired
CLICK HERE for Exhibition plan
CLICK HERE for Overall Expo layout
Booking a Table
Click here for list of exhibitors and experts available for demonstrations