Queensland Expo (Cairns) - Exhibitor Information
Invitation to exhibit - now FREE for non-commercial exhibitors and at reduced rates for commercial exhibitors
We invite all societies, businesses and organisations related to the history and genealogy field to consider exhibiting. Click here for the Exhibitor booking form
If you fit one of the following categories or similiar, then an Unlock the Past Expo is a good place to be:
- Historical societies - local, family, military, religious history, re-enactment groups, oral history, pioneer associations, sporting, railway, aviation, maritime, motoring, National Trust, special interest groups.
- Cultural & ethnic - Chinese, Cornish, German, Greek, Irish, Italian, Jewish, Polish, Scottish, Irish, convict etc.
- Libraries, archives & museums - public, private, government & specialist libraries, archives & museums, local history collections, military, maritime, aviation & motoring museums, RSL clubs/museums, cemeteries.
- Research services - anyone who offers research services or is compiling databases. Transcription agents.
- Heritage tourism - heritage tour operators, battlefield tours, heritage trails, accommodation, visitor information centres.
- Professional services - historians, genealogists, education & training, translation, writing & proofreading, speaking.
- Miscellaneous products & service suppliers - photo & video duplication, restoration & conversion, scrapbooking, microfilm, document & book scanning & supplies, archival products & services, DNA services, printers, binding services, genealogy charting, calligraphy.
- Long established business or organisations - if your business, industry or organisation has a long history in a community, an expo is a great place to showcase that history, promote your business and add the event. Examples are newspapers, industries such as mining, timber, fishing etc. - any business, small or large, that has been part of the community in the region over a long period.
- Heritage products & services - heritage crafts, antiques, foods, antiquarian booksellers.
- Publishers & resellers - books, data CDs, maps, magazines, online content, indexes.
This Expo will be widely promoted through
- established genealogy history and heritage channels throughout Queensland.
- local council, tourism and business authorities - to the general public.
- regional media.
- online and print advertising and newsletters - and through social media (electronic "word of mouth").
- the exhibitors and speakers, many with their own significant mailing lists.
This will be a unique opportunity - not be missed - to get exposure, new members, users and customers for your society, library, archives, museum, products and services. It is open to organisations, businesses or individuals in the history, genealogy and heritage fields - large or small. Also to other businesses who may offer services of interest to those attending, e.g. video services or conversions, scrapbooking, printing etc.
Power will be available if required. As there are limited power points you should bring your own labelled power lead and power board.
If you need Internet access you will need to provide your own. Mobile modems can be purchased now for moderate cost (be sure your provider has Cairns coverage - Telstra almost certainly will, others may).
Access & Set-up
Exhibitor access and set-up time will be from Friday 7am (Thursday night might also be an option for set-up though is subject to confirmation). Public access will be from 9am.
Meals and refreshments
We urge exhibitors to have any meals they need before or after the main lunch break or bring your own to have in the exhibition area. Those who wish to join us for an evening meal each day after the exhibition closure are welcome; please advise your interest that morning if not before.
Any attendant at your table needs to register for the expo - as a visitor. This is FREE if pre-booked by 20 June - or $5 on the day.
It is the responsibility of each exhibitor to ensure that they have adequate insurance to cover theft or damage to their goods and equipment as well as public liability.
We are planning for approximately 250-350 people over the two days. We will however update you near the time how bookings are going.
It is in your interest, and ours, for you to help publicise the Expo. We will have a brochure which we can supply in any quantity you can usefully use. Please let us know on the Exhibitors Registration Form. We hope you will also give notice on your web site or email or print newsletters. Even if you can’t exhibit, you can still advertise or have a voucher in the Expo program/booklet or with an insert in the registration package.
Exhibitors may include a brochure or other small item in the registration kit FREE. We recommend you consider some kind of special offer.
Donate a prize
We plan to run two draws for prizes on offer, one each day. One will be open to all who have pre-registered, the other (probably) to those who complete a treasure hunt questionnaire. You will have the opportunity later to contribute to the treasure hunt questions.
Most tables are 1500mm (5 foot). For those who do not wish to exhibit, there will be a brochure-only table - free for up to two brochures. We can usually only commit to a single table initially. If you want more we can note your interest and allow this if the final exhibitor space allows
- Commercial exhibitors - one 1500mm table with power - $100
- Local and family history societies, libraries & archives - FREE
PDF map of the exhibitor layout coming soon.
Booking a Table
Click here for the exhibitor booking Form
Click here for list of exhibitors and experts available for demonstrations