Trove and online newspapers
2 Feb 2013 9:00am - 12:30pm
- 53 Prospect Road, Gaythorne
- Cost: $15 (QFHS members) $20 (non members)
Trove and Online Newspapers:
Free online resources for family history research
Queensland Baptists Conference Centre - 53 Prospect Road, Gaythorne
Speakers: Shauna HICKS and Sue REID
Shauna Hicks is an archivist, librarian, and family historian with over thirty-five years experience. She is the Director of her own research and consultancy business, Shauna Hicks History Enterprises, and is the author of a number of research books published by Unlock the Past. Shauna is a Fellow of the QFHS.
Shauna will present the following session:
- Trove: highlights of the National Library of Australia's resources, including the many benefits of being a member of Trove such as tagging and lists, eResources (be amazed at what you can do from home), and finally, the web archive, Pandora.
Sue Reid is the President of the Queensland Family History Society and has more than thirty years experience in family history research. She is the author of a number of family history articles published in Australia and overseas. She will present two sessions:
- The Big Four showcasing Trove digitised newspapers, Papers Past, The London Gazette, and The Times Digital Archive
- Online Newspapers: what else is available for free (be equally amazed at what you can do from home).
Cost (includes morning tea): $15 QFHS Members $20 Non-members
To register, send your cheque (payable to QFHS) or credit card payment details to QFHS, PO Box 171, Indooroopilly, Qld. 4068. Book online www.qfhs.org.au or phone 07 3355 3369 during library opening hours.
For further information and details about registering check out http://www.qfhs.org.au/seminars/semFlyer.html