New Zealand’s Family History Fair: Conserving Your Past for the Future
As the only Fair of its type in NZ, this event is for the seriously addicted genealogist as well as those just starting out on their journey.
If you're looking for a guilt-free weekend then a variety of tours are available during the Fair to keep those non-genealogical spouses amused while you indulge yourself.
And if you wish to extend this great weekend, then why not combine your visit to the Fair with one of our Sunday tours?
- Fair entry includes an Internet Cafe with free access to Ancestry.com.au, findmypast.com.au, ScotlandsPeople and The Genealogist; commercial exhibitors, key NZ research repositories and “Getting Started” workshops for beginners.
- Want help deciding which software program to use? Not feeling confident with computers? The NZSG Genealogical Computing Group will be there to assist.
- Free research advice and assistance is available from experienced NZ Society of Genealogist members covering Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Continental Europe, Maori and Huguenot queries.
- Exhibitors include: National Archives, National Library, National Army Museum, Maori Land Court, Central Auckland Research Centre, NZ BDMs, PapersPast, heritage societies, Ancestry.com.au and findmypast.com.au.
- Over 40 tempting seminars to choose from, with speakers from New Zealand, Australia and the USA, including Judy Jones, FamilySearch’s senior British Research consultant from Salt Lake City.
For your entry tickets, accommodatioin and tour options visit our website: www.nzfamilyhistoryfair.org.nz
If you thought the 2010 Fair was great, then the 2011 version will be even bigger and better!