History & Genealogy National Roadshow 2010 - Brisbane
- Evening only (6pm onwards): $25
- Day only (to 6pm): $45
- All day & evening: $60
- Pre registrations have closed, however there is still room for people to come on the day and register (prices as above).
Time & Date
- 17 November 2010
- 8.30am to 9.30pm
If you do not wish to attend all the talks there will be opportunity to speak to the various presenters and see demonstrations in the exhibition area featuring the major event sponsors.
|BRISBANE - Wednesday 17 November|
|THEATRE 1||THEATRE 2|
|8.30am||9.00am||Registration and displays|
|9.00am||9.45am||Findmypast.co.uk - Elaine Collins||The Queensland Family History Society|
|10.00am||10.45am||Can I Learn Everything I Need About Records and Research Strategies Online? Genealogical Education from a Distance... - Louise St Denis||Genetics and Family History - Ann Swain|
|10.45am||11.15am||Break and displays|
|11.15am||12noon||Google Your Family Tree: the basics - Dan Lynch||You can't do it all online: where else can I search for Ancestors - Shauna Hicks|
|12.00noon||1.30pm||Lunch and displays|
|1.30pm||2.15pm||Findmypast.com.au: what is there, what is coming and how to use it - Rosemary Kopittke||Google Your Family Tree: Images and Video - Dan Lynch|
|2.30pm||3.15pm||I Found It Once, Why Can’t I Find It Again! - Louise St Denis||The Ryerson Index: 2.6 million deaths from Australian newspapers - John Graham|
|3.15pm||3.45pm||Break and displays|
|3.45pm||4.30pm||Archives you may not know - but should! - Shauna Hicks||Getting to know the Queensland State Archives - Niles Elvery, QSA|
|4.45pm||5.30pm||Google Your Family Tree: other Google tools for historians - Dan Lynch||The Genealogical Society of Qld - Pauline Williams|
|5.30pm||7.00pm||Displays and optional dinner at the venue|
|7.00pm||8.00pm||Findmypast UK and AU - Elaine Collins & Rosemary Kopittke||Can I Learn Everything I Need About Records and Research Strategies Online? Genealogical Education from a Distance... - Louise St Denis|
|8.00pm||8.30pm||Break and displays|
|8.30pm||9.15pm||Google Your Family Tree: advanced - Dan Lynch||No Medicare for them: How our ancestors accessed health care - Helen Smith|
An exhibition of our partners and sponsors, as well as product demonstrations, will be open throughout the day, featuring
- Clean Cruising & Unlock The Past History and Genealogy Cruise 2011
- Family Historian (genealogy software)
- Family Photo Book
- Genealogical Society of Queensland
- Google Your Family Tree
- Gould Genealogy & History
- Inside History
- National Institute for Genealogical Studies
- Queensland Family History Society Inc.
- Queensland State Archives
- Unlock the Past Publishing - including new handbook History & Genealogy 2011: Australia & New Zealand
Broncos Leagues Club. A $20 million dollar entertainment complex as well as the home of 2006 premiers, the Brisbane Broncos.
9 Fulcher Rd, Red Hill, Qld. Conveniently located just 8 minutes from the CBD.
- Cars: Free onsite parking is available.
- Bus: Numbers 379, 380 & 381 all stop on Waterworks Rd, then it's just a short walk down Fulcher Rd to the Club.
Meals & Refreshments
- Cafe: 9.30am - 11.30pm
- The Buffet: 12 - 2.30pm; 5.30 - 9pm.