History & Genealogy Roadshow Australia & New Zealand
8 Nov 2010 (All day) - 24 Nov 2010 (All day)
- 9 cities
- 6 Australian cities and 3 in New Zealand
- Australia, New South Wales, New Zealand, Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia
- Cost: varies AU$25-AU$60 See each city page
FREE entry to the roadshow - special offer to Tasmanians and others travelling from a distance. Scroll down for details.
Twelve reasons to attend
- Hear top international and local presenters in a city near you
- A low AU$25 entry for evening only sessions in 7 of 9 cities, and AU$35/$45 for day only attendance or one day in Sydney and Melbourne. Plus a trade exhibition for major partners and sponsors.
- For a great value AU$45 in Canberra and New Zealand (with a shorter program) and AU$60 in other cities hear our featured and supporting local presenters for the full program in each city. There will be books and software for sale at the trade exhibition which is open for up to 9.5 hours in Canberra and New Zealand cities and longer (13 to 16 hours) in other cities.
- Presentations are held in two theatres at no extra charge – choose from any of 12 to 24 presentations (varies with each city); 148 talks offered in total at all 9 venues!
- SAVE with many special roadshow offers. Click here for details
- OVER AU$16,000 of prizes offered in total at all venues (over AU$1800 at each venue). To be eligible for the draw just pre-book by at least 3 days before the event in each city. Click here for details
- Major libraries, archives and societies speaking and/or exhibiting in most cities.
- Launch of the exciting new magazine Inside History at the roadshow. www.insidehistory.com.au
- Learn how to use Google like you never thought possible.
- Learn all about the new findmypast.com.au which will soon have UK content integrated.
- Learn about new courses now available for anyone, anywhere. And get a free course voucher valued at AU$90.
- Go home with lots of new ideas to progress your family history research.
FREE entry to the roadshow - special offer to Tasmanians and others travelling from a distance
A special concession for those travelling from a state without a roadshow stopover - or who are more than 300 km away from the nearest venue. You will need to book in advance online (just indicate "payment" to follow) or by phone giving your address as evidence of eligibility for the concession. Save also with the many specials and offers at the roadshow. If you book earlier than 3 days before the event in the city of choice you are in the draw to win one of over $18,000 worth of prizes.
For more details including cost and program for your location use the left hand menu. Download a PDF brochure here
- 8 Nov - Adelaide - West Adelaide Function Centre, Richmond (Football Club) - Bookings Closed - Program here
- 10 Nov - Perth - Perth Function Centre, Lathlain (Football Club) - Bookings Closed - Program here
- 12-13 Nov - Melbourne - Ivanhoe Centre - Bookings Closed - Program here
- 15 Nov - Canberra - Olims Hotel - Bookings Closed - Program here
- 17 Nov - Brisbane - Broncos Leagues Club, Red Hill - Bookings Closed - Program here
- 19-20 Nov - Sydney - North Ryde RSL - Bookings Closed - Program here
New Zealand schedule
- 22 Nov - Christchurch - Rydges Hotel - Book Here - Program here
- 23 Nov - Wellington - Westpac Stadium Function Centre - Book Here - Program here
- 24 Nov - Auckland - Ellerslie Event Centre (race course) - Book Here - Program here
- Dan Lynch (US), author of the best selling book Google Your Family Tree
Dan cannot come to NZ, but his presentations will be given by others
- Elaine Collins (UK), Find My Past
- Louise St Denis (Canada), National Institute for Genealogical Studies
- Shauna Hicks (Australia)
- Rosemary Kopittke (Australia)
- supported by local Unlock the Past presenters