History & Genealogy Expo Sydney 2010
Click here on the program image at the left for the program and other information
The Expo is unique opportunity to see many societies, libraries and commercial product and service suppliers in one place and to learn from the many expert presenters. There will be something for researchers at all levels.
This expo is being organised by Unlock the Past with the support of the Society of Australian Genealogists.
It will feature:
- 50 exhibitors
- 40 talks by 23 presenters headed by Chris Paton, leading Scottish author, speaker and professional researcher, plus a great team of other experts from several states - many new to Sydney
- major libraries, archives and societies
- consultations with experts and research clinics
- books, sofware, data CDs for sale
- special offers, vouchers and prizes ... and much more
- Venue - Parramatta RSL, Corner Macquarie and O’Connell Streets, Parramatta
- Date - Friday 22 - Saturday 23 October
- Time - 9.00am-6.00pm Friday - 9.00am-5.00pm Saturday
Prizes & Giveaways
- Door prizes - pre-booked registrations will automatically go in the prize draw. These will be each day.
- Prizes are to be collected from the registration desk.
- The exhibition is expected to have over 50 exhibitors
- Two theatres, each seating 100 people, will be used on Friday and three on Saturday for 40 talks
- Some of the more popular talks will be repeated (given on both days)
- Note there are some steps into all theatres. For those who cannot negotiate steps, there are other ways to get into the rooms.
- Meals and refreshments will be available at the venue on a casual basis as needed (at cost)
- Special offers and prizes will be available from many exhibitors and sponsors