History & Genealogy Expo Adelaide 2010
30 Jul 2010 9:00am - 31 Jul 2010 5:00pm
- West Adelaide Function Centre (Football Club), 57 Milner Road
- Richmond (3km West of Adelaide CBD)
- South Australia
- Cost: $20 for one day, $25 for two days if on the day ($15 for one day, $20 for two if pre booked)
ADVANCE BOOKINGS CLOSED
Expo and talks still open to day visitors. Payment on entry
The Expo offers something for all with family local or social history interests, beginner or expert, casual or active.
- Annie Payne can tell you how to interview family members - before it is too late and Andrew Peake about life events that create records
- Geoffrey Manning will explain the connection between Gulliver's Travels and South Australia
- Kerry Farmer will guide you to the best genealogy programs - and also tell you about DNA for family historians
- Kristin Weidenbach will talk about two colourful Outback Legends: Tom Kruse and Reg Sprigg.
- Megan Gibson, a 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Researcher, will let you in on some behind-the-scenes stories, and share her tips for the time poor, from her forthcoming book 'How To Get More Family Tree Time'. Her motto is ...before it's too late!
- Ron Austin, Neil Smith and the Army Museum will bring their military expertise
- Paul Parton, Rosemary Kopittke and Brad Argent will tell you about the vast resources now accessible online
- Shauna Hicks will tell you about caring for your own records, about the voyage out, saving in your research as well as introduce the wonderful resources of the National Archives of Australia and the National Library (TROVE)
- Learn about perhaps Adelaide's best kept secret - the wonderful resources of the Royal Geographical Society of SA - with one of the finest historical libraries in Australia
- You will get insight and entertainment from Suzanne Maiden's talk on Wills
- Those with German, Cornish, Irish and Scottish interests will want to hear Eric Kopittke, Aimée Engler, Lyall Kupke, Roslyn Paterson, Cassie Mercer and Rosemary Kopittke.
- Learn about Settlement Square and the Migration Museum. Plus what other archives and libraries have to offer.
- Battlefield tours, affordable history/genealogy conference cruising and custom heritage tours to the British Isles. This is the place to find out more and transform interest into plans to do something about it. Visit the stalls, hear the presentations on the main program of talks and in the mini-theatre.
- Just beginning your family research? Hear Richard Sullivan of the SA Genealogy.
- Want to learn about the fun, easy to use and free Family Photo Book System? Or about different genealogy programs? Or rest your feet and watch some fascinating historic video. All this and much more will take place in the mini theatre in the exhibition area.
- If you have family connections or interests with SA football, then the chances are at least one of the five exhibitors will interest you.
- Many societies, libraries, archives and museums all bring expertise and interest to the exhibition
- Want to publish a book? Convert old sound and film to digital forms? Historic maps? The expo is the place to learn more
- over 50 exhibitors - from 5 different states - CLICK HERE FOR LIST
- 38 talks from approx 25 different presenters - unparalleled value and choice CLICK HERE FOR PROGRAM
- 25 SPEAKERS - CLICK HERE FOR LIST AND BRIEF BIOGs
- Two special presentations on Who Do you Think You Are? - The making of a compelling Australian TV series – by Diana Pepper of Artemis International (the film maker). Megan Gibson. a researcher for some episodes, will also be an exhibitor and presenter in the mini theatre in the Exhibition area.
- Mini theatre with product demos, interactive presentations, historic video etc - see PROGRAM
- One on one consultations with an expert
- Treaure Hunt with several prize drawings
On entry you will receive a form with a list of basic questions, the answers to which can be found at the various trade stalls. Forms with all questions answered will be eligible for a prize from one of four drawings at 1.45pm and 4.15 pm each day.
THE LOW ENTRANCE FEE INCLUDES
- access to exhibition
- access to as many talks as you wish to attend
- a registration kit with information and special offers from exhibitors and sponsors
- access to special offers from exhibitors on the day eligibility for door prizes
- You can get tickets on the day, but pre-expo pricing closes Wednesday 28 July 2010
DOWNLOAD EXPO BROCHURE (PDF)
This expo is being organised by Unlock the Past with the support of the South Australian Genealogy and Heraldry Society and other societies.
- Venue - at West Adelaide Function Centre (Football Club) 57 Milner Road, Richmond
- Date - Fri 30 July - Sat 31 July 2010
- 9.00am-6.00pm Friday 30 July
- 9.00am-5.00pm Saturday 31 July
- Cost - PRE-BOOKINGS NOW CLOSED, but come on the day
one day ticket - $15 pre-booked - $20 on day
two day ticket - $20 pre-booked - $25 on day
Children up to 16 years - no charge
- Meals and refreshments will be available for purchase at the venue
- Special offers and prizes will be available from many exhibitors and sponsors
Click on the following for further information