2nd cruise reports
Feedback from the 2nd Unlock the Past cruise has been positive. Here are some blog reports - most with photos:
Shauna Hicks - several blog posts, scroll to cruise dates
- Diary of an Australian Genealogist "... Hard to believe the 14 days are nearly over, I could easily stay at least another week!..."
- SHHE Genie Rambles "... Overall I learnt heaps from the various speakers who often overlapped and complemented each other as they reinforced various aspects of Scottish Irish research. I have a notebook full of ideas, suggestions, and URLs to follow up ... from a genealogy perspective, I would be off on another one tomorrow if I could ... now the long wait until February 2013 – perhaps I should check out some of the American genealogy cruises for 2012?? ..."
Jennifer Jones - several blog posts, scroll to cruise dates
- Tracking Down the Family "... the highlight for me ... was Chris Paton ... an authority on Scottish and Irish history and research. I learnt so much from Chris and am really looking forward to some free time over Christmas to put his advice into practice ..."
- British GENES - cruise review "... Genealogically I learned so much on the trip that it would be impossible to include it all in a single post ..."
- British GENES - first report "... Aside from the talks, my family and I had a great day on Wednesday in Rotorua, visiting the geysers there and taking my life in my hands on the Sky Swing. Freefall for fifty meters in a car, which then swings for a couple of minutes as a pendulum – on the top of a mountain! Hopefully the laundry bill won’t be too expensive…! ... a great time sightseeing..."
Helen Smith - several blog posts, scroll to cruise dates
- From Helen V Smith's Keyboard "... It has been an amazing few days with a lot of information from the presenters and also from the cruise participants. So many people with their own research experiences and expertise ..."
We welcome notice of any other reports or blogs to link to