Guided Heritage Walks at Toowong Cemetery
6 Jun 2010 10:30am - 12:00pm4 Jul 2010 10:30am - 12:00pm1 Aug 2010 10:30am - 12:00pm5 Sep 2010 10:30am - 12:00pm3 Oct 2010 10:30am - 12:00pm7 Nov 2010 10:30am - 12:00pm5 Dec 2010 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Toowong Cemetery, Frederick St
- Cost: donation would be appreciated
One the first Sunday of every month (except January) at 10.30am volunteer guides from the FOTC will lead a guided heritage walk through the cemetery.
- Meet under the flagpole.
- Walks will be approximately 90 minutes in duration.
- Wear a hat and sturdy shoes; it is advisable to carry water.
- Plenty of parking available inside the cemertary
There is no need to book, just show up.
Each month will have a different theme:
- June - Governors past
- July - 1910. Hosted by Meryll Fletcher
- October - Cemetery Symbolism. In conjunction with the Australiasian Society for Historical Archaeology 2010 Conference
- November - Rememberance Day service and Military history walk