Family Tree Research Trip to Canberra with special guest Tour Guide!
Customised Heritage Tours will be heading to Canberra in late March for a family history research tour, with extra-special guest and Tour Guide, TV researcher Megan Gibson from Family Tree Time.
We are planning a fun trip, staying at an historic location, with the opportunity to further your research and talk to others with similar interests, as well as having access to experts at some of Australia’s top research spots.
Megan Gibson is a freelance researcher and writer who has worked on episodes of the hit Australian TV show "Who Do You Think You Are?", and will be our Canberra Tour Guide, taking us to her “must-see” research resources, such as the National Library of Australia, the National Archives of Australia, the Australian War Memorial and some hidden secrets. You’ll get exclusive overview presentations at each location, and will then have time to undertake your very own research.
The tour will cater for beginners as well as more advanced researchers, and we will work to tailor the trip to your needs. Contact me at Customised Heritage Tours today to register before this exciting tour books out
Tour includes :
- Personal Tour Manager Liz Doyle, who will accompany the tour at all times to make sure you have the best trip, including special family tree activities on the way. No boring bus trips here!
- A “Welcome Dinner” on arrival at your accommodation (Wednesday), with Megan Gibson from Family Tree Time, to get you inspired and organised for your research. Megan will share tips from her popular new book “How To Get More Family Tree Time – Tips for the Time Poor!”.
- Three nights twin share accommodation in Canberra’s only heritage boutique hotel (est. 1927), the 4 star historic The Brassey of Canberra, set in 2.5 acres of lawns and gardens. (www.brassey.net.au). (Limited single rooms available at extra cost.)
- A delicious Buffet Breakfast daily (Thu, Fri, Sat).
- Two full practical days of familiarisation and hands-on research at the National Archives of Australia, National Library of Australia, Australian War Memorial and some of Megan’s lesser well-known favourites.
- Special Guest and Tour Guide Megan Gibson, who joins us on the bus on Thursday and Friday to escort us and accompany us at each destination, sharing stories and tips.
- Exclusive presentations at most destinations by an onsite expert to provide a general overview of their records, and how to use them.
- Opportunities for you to further your own research, with access to staff.
- Opportunities to view exhibitions (some are free, others may charge an entry fee).
- Regular exclusive shuttle bus between research destinations throughout Thursday and Friday.
- A free booklet by Megan Gibson on how to make the most of your research time.
- Tour “show bag” full of genealogy and family history research goodies.
- Assistance in preparing for research before you leave – guidelines on how to order certain records in advance of the tour so they are there waiting for you – no wasting time on the day.
Four days, three nights, and a lot of fun, research, and information sharing with like-minded passionate family history buffs at some of Australia’s top research destinations, all for $1100 per person twin share. (Limited single rooms available at extra cost.) If you are booking alone, but would like to save costs, let us know and we can try to match you with someone else in the same situation.
The first 10 family tree nuts to book and pay will receive a free USB drive containing handy research links!