Canberra Research Trip April 2013
CANBERRA RESEARCH TRIP 9TH – 12TH APRIL 2013
Following on from our very successful inaugural Canberra Research Tour in 2011, family tree researcher and author, Megan Gibson from Family Tree Time and Liz Doyle from Customised Heritage Tours are once again joining forces.
The trip will kick off with a delicious and fun "getting to know you" 3-course dinner at The Brassey of Canberra, hosted by Megan on Wednesday, 19th October from 6.30pm. Megan will provide you with personal insights into her experiences as a freelance researcher on the Australian version of the hit TV series "Who Do You Think You Are?" as well as give you some tips from her book “How To Get More Family Tree Time – Tips for the Time Poor!”
The next 3 days will be full as we head to several research facilities in Canberra for special attention from many of Megan's personal contacts. These include the National Archives, the National Library and the Australian War Memorial as well as a hidden gem or two. We have scheduled presentations and information sessions at each of our venues and there will also be an opportunity to do some personal research. The sooner you book and provide us with what you are looking for, the more customised we can be.
Each evening Megan will join us for dinner and will be available to support you in your research as well as pass on many of her time saving tricks!
All our tours are for very small groups, every guest's needs are taken into account and, where possible, we provide you with personal and focussed attention. "The tours where you don't need name badges", as one of our previous participants was heard to say!
- Pre-tour information pack including “Before You Leave” and “How To Make The Most Out of Your Trip” by Megan Gibson
- Pre-tour questionnaire to help us customise the tour for you as much as possible
- We can organise your travel to and from Canberra, or you can make your own way there.
- Prizes including a year’s subscription to “Inside History” magazine
- Gorgeous 3 course Welcome Dinner and at the historic Brassey Hotel, hosted by TV researcher and author Megan Gibson from Family Tree Time.
- Megan will share her time saving tips as well as tales from her freelance research on “Who Do You Think You Are?”
- 3 nights accommodation at the award-winning historic Brassey Hotel. You can also stay for the night of the 12th at additional cost if you wish.
- Delicious hot buffet breakfast and 3 course dinner daily at the historic Brassey Hotel.
- 3 very full days at research venues in our Nation's Capital, eg National Library, National Archives, Australian War Memorial and more, including presentations and opportunities to do your own research
- Rare personal access to author and researcher Megan Gibson at briefing sessions
Read what our guests said after the first research trip to Canberra by visiting our website www.customisedheritagetours.com then contact Liz Doyle through the website, or this site for a personal quote depending on your requirements.
DON’T MISS OUT, BOOKINGS MUST CLOSE ON MARCH 8TH