Walkerville Historical Society Inc
- PO BOX 54, WALKERVILLE SA 5081
- Walkerville Historical Society - SAcommunity - Connecting Up Australia
- Email contact form
- enquiries free,
- deep research price on request - first 2 hours free
- History collections, photos etc held at Walkerville Public Library on Walkerville Terrace in Gilberton SA - open times vary - 7 days a week, closed on public holidays. Contact them on 08 8342 7150 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 08 8342 7150 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.
- 140 members
- $25 family $20 single $15 conc.
- Walkerville Times produced monthly - 10 issues a year
Through our monthly meetings, with guest speakers, we bring together people interested in reminiscing the past.
Some chose to support our efforts through a subscription of our 16 page B5 Newsletter (Walkerville Times) SA and local history articles.
Many of our council and local records have been digitalised in Word and Excel documents - eg, Council Assessments 1858-1930, Council Minutes 1855-1995, John Walker's Village and a 150 year history of St Andrew's School, both by Marjorie Scales, oral histories of local residents, traders and councillors; audio recordings of guest speakers including histories of local families; large digital pictorial collection of people and places old and recent;