Society of Australian Genealogists
- Postal Address & Headquarters - Richmond Villa, 120 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000. Research Centre - 2/379 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- 9247 3953
- $20.00 per day for non-members
- See website for details
- Research Centre (located at 2/379 Kent Street) - 10am - 4pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday. Manuscript & Image Collection & Library Stack (located at 120 Kent Street)- 10am - 4pm Thursday & Saturday (pre-ordering required)
- $20 joining fee ($10 concession) & $70 p.a single, $105 two people in same household.
- Descent journal published quarterly & issued to members
- SAGe - free electronic newsletter available to all, issued monthly
Located in the Sydney CBD, the SAG has been helping people with family history enquries for over 75 years. We have a specialist library with thousands of resources covering both Australian and overseas sources. Our computer systems offer more than 750 electronic resources and we provide free in-house access to many of the major 'pay to view' websites such as Ancestry, FindMyPast.co.uk, FindMyPast.com.au, National Archives UK DocumentsonLine, The Genealogist.co.uk and Origins.
Our Manuscript & Image Collection (Primary Records) is housed at Richmond Villa and contains thousands of research files, photographs and documents, much of which is unique.
Our Event Calendar includes regular lectures, interest group meetings, tours & outings, hands-on training sessions and full and weekend seminars. Members receive a discount to our education activities.
Our Bookshop is located in our Research Centre and is also available online through our website. We also offer a good range of second-hand and duplicate books through ABE Books online.