Queensland Family History Society Inc
- 58 Bellevue Avenue, Gaythorne, Qld, 4051. Postal address: Hon Secretary QFHS Inc. PO Box 171, Indooroopilly, Qld. 4068
- 07 3355 3369
- Queensland FHS Website
- Queensland FHS Facebook
- Queensland FHS Twitter
- Email contact form
- Free for members, cost to others as per the Queensland FHS website
- Non-members ($AU33/hour) Financial members ($AU16.50/hour)
- Saturday 1-4pm; Sunday 10am-4pm (except on the fourth and fifth Sundays when it is 1-4pm); Monday 7-9pm; Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10am-3pm; the library is closed on Fridays and public holidays
- Single ($50.00) Dual ($75.00) Associate ($75.00) - a $15 joining fee for new members
- Queensland Family Historian (quarterly) $5.50
- Snippets - e-Newsletter (monthly)
Established in 1979, Queensland Family History Society provides assistance for anyone tracing their family history whether an absolute beginner or a long term devotee. Regular workshops on tracing family history and related subjects are conducted by volunteer members and others. Special interest groups also hold regular workshops and meet for discussions. The Library and Resource Centre holds an extensive range of records that will assist with research in Queensland, other Australian states, and overseas.
Within the Library, not only can members access over 40 million records via the Society’s networked computer system, they can also access the subscription sites, Ancestry™, World Vital Records™ and FindMyPast Australasia™. Many of the Society’s records are available on-line through World Vital Records™ and FindMyPast™.
QFHS has been the recipient of a number of awards recognising the high standard of its publications. These include the 2007 John Oxley Library Award for the Society’s contribution to the development and appreciation of the history of Queensland, the 2010 Nick Vine Hall Award for The Queensland Family Historian, and the 2010 National Trust of Queensland Gold Community Award for Queensland Founding Families.