Narre Warren & District Family History Group Inc
- PO Box 149, Narre Warren Victoria 3805
- (03) 8787 5558
- Narre Warren & District Family History Group
- Casey Cardinia Remembers
- Email contact form
- Visitors Fee $5 per visit
- $15 per hour plus photocopying expenses
- May to September Tuesday 11 am to 3 pm Thursday 7 pm to 9 pm Saturday 11 am to 3 pm *Research Room closes at 2 pm on the 2nd Saturday of the month October to April Tuesday 11 am to 3 pm Saturday 11 am to 3 pm Sunday 2 pm to 4 pm *Research Room closed Dec/Jan - check website for dates.
- $30 & $45 per yer single and joint memberships respectively plus $5 joining fee. $15 & 22.50 per half year (Feb-June) single and joint memberships respectively plus $5 joining fee.
- Spreading Branches published quarterly and available on website
The Narre Warren & District Family History Group Inc., was started in May 1989 by a small but dedicated group of people who were tracing their own family history and wished to share information and help other people who had the same interest.
The group first met in one another’s homes, with the small library held in the home of the first President. Open Days were also held at the President’s home for members to research and use the microfiche readers and the few microfiche.
Later, the group met at the Presbyterian Church, on the corner of Prospect Hill and Narre Warren North Roads, Narre Warren. For each meeting the boxes of library books, microfiche and readers had to packed, transported, set up and this was all reversed at the close of the monthly meetings.
After much discussion and planning with the former City of Berwick, our Group has been housed in the Narre Warren Library since it opened in November, 1992.
Our friendly volunteers enjoy helping all visitors to our research room.