Mount Rouse & District Historical Society Inc.(Penshurst Vic.)
- P.O. Box 35 Penshurst Vic. 3289
- $10 per hour.
- Open to the public 9.30 am to 12.30 pm the first Saturday of every month.
- $10 per year, $15 family, $100 Life member.
The Society collects, catalogues, files and maintains historical records, maps and photographs and makes them available for public access.
The courthouse contains the original ‘court’ furniture. The magistrate’s room and the clerk’s room are now used as research rooms for the use of members and the general public.
The courthouse is open for inspection, local and family history research on the first Saturday of each month from 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
New members are welcome.
If you have an interest in:
- local or family history
- the collection of historical information
- the maintenance and support of the former courthouse
- the enhancement of historical knowledge and education