Ku-ring-gai Historical Society incorporating the Ku-ring-gai Family History Centre
- 799 Pacific Highway (adjacent to Gordon Library) Gordon NSW 2072
- (02)9499 4568
- Ku-ring-gai Historical Society
- Ku-ring-gai Historical Society Blog
- Ku-ring-gai Historical Society Facebook Page
- Email contact form
- please ask for a quote
- 10am to 2pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday (except the first Saturday of the month)
- $30 single, $35 household
- The Historian, published annually, $20 (free for members)
- Newsletter published monthly
Our Society was formed in 1963, has over 500 members, mainly present and past Ku-ring-gai residents, and includes an active family history group with worldwide interests. The Society is committed to the collection, preservation and dissemination of information relating to the history of Ku-ring-gai. We maintain an interest in Heritage issues, particularly if the site or persons associated with it have historical significance. We encourage research into local and family history of the Ku-ring-gai area and its residents.
Our Family History group has a wide range of resources available on our numerous computers, as well as a subscription to Ancestry.com. Our library contains nearly 2000 books.
Our unique collection on Ku-ring-gai includes:
- Over 10,000 local photos
- Databases on local people and places
- Vertical files containing information collected over many years about Ku-ring-gai and its people
We have produced publications about our local history and people that are available to the general public through local bookshops and directly from the Society, notably Focus on Ku-ring-gai (1996) and Women of Ku-ring-gai (1999). Our annual research publication The Historian has over recent years included extensive reviews of the early development of parts of Ku-ring-gai together with narratives of life and the people who lived at those locations. The Historian combines local history, built heritage and family history.