Gisborne Genealogical Group
- P.O. Box 818, Gisborne, VIC 3437
- Gisborne Genealogical Group
- Goldfield Library Corporation
- Gisborne and Mount Macedon Districts Historical Society
- Members - Free. Visitors - Gold Coin Donation.
- Visitors are welcome to use the genealogical reference resources in the Family History Room whenever the Gisborne Library is open. Refer to the Goldfield Library Corporation website for the opening hours of the Gisborne Library. Gisborne Genealogical Group volunteers are available to assist members and visitors on Thursday afternoons from 2.00pm to 5.00pm from February to November inclusive. The Gisborne Genealogical Group does not undertake research for people. Our aim is to foster interest in family history research and to continue to build our collection of resources.
- Refer to our website (www.ggg.org.au) for current membership fee.
- Genie-Allergy. Quarterly.
The Gisborne Genealogical Group brings together people from across the Macedon Ranges with a shared interest in family history research.
The Group holds monthly informative talks and maintains a collection of family history resources in the Gisborne Library.
Our Family History Library is a reference library that contains a growing collection of over 800 books, thousands of fiche, data CDs and DVDs, journals and maps.
Monthly meetings of the Gisborne Genealogical Group are held at 7.30pm on the 4th Thursday of each month in the Family History Room of the Gisborne Library from February to November (except July) unless notified otherwise. Either a guest speaker or one or more members present a subject of interest to family history researchers.
Visitors are welcome to attend our meetings. Gold coin donation requested.
Full details of our activiies are presented on our website: www.ggg.org.au
Researchers seeking information about individuals or families who may have previously lived in the Gisborne or Mount Macedon Districts should contact the Gisborne and Mount Macedon Districts Historical Society.