Genealogical Society of Queensland (GSQ)
- 38 Fisher Street, East Brisbane Qld or post to PO Box 8423, Woollongabba, Qld, 4102
- 07 3891 5085
- GSQ website
- Email contact form
- Members no cost to use Resource Center
- $25/hour members; $40/hour for non-members at Resource Centre; $40/hour members $55/hour non-members off-site
- Resource Centre at 38 Fisher Street, East Brisbane Hours: Monday closed (Indexing Group on alternative weeks) Tuesday to Friday 10.00am to 3.00pm Saturday 12.00 to 4.00pm Sundays (see Interest Group dates and education program).
- 2013 New member $71.50 for 1 year; renewal $60; Family and 3 year memberships are available
- Generation - quarterly
- eNews monthly
GSQ was established over 30 years ago and has members across Queensland, other Australian states and overseas. At the GSQ Resource Centre at 38 Fisher St, East Brisbane, the Society holds books, magazines, databases and unique data collections, CDs, microfilms, microfiche and family histories. We have six Ancestry seats and other subscription sites for members and vistors at Fisher Street. Experienced library assistants are available to advise members and visitors.
The Society has branches at North Brisbane, Southern Suburbs, Bayside, Redlands and Beaudesert. Members who reside over 100 km from the Fisher Street are entitled to 5 hours research per annum, which is undertaken for them by volunteers at the Resource Centre.
GSQ also sells a range of GSQ publications and other resources at Fisher Street. See our website for further details.
The Society runs a range of education sessions including one day courses for beginners titled "Introduction to Genealogy" and two hour sessions on particular subjects held monthly. The Society also holds an Annual Conference and other special events.