Cornish Association of Victoria Inc.
- 19 Monash Grove Blackburn South VIC 3130
- 03 9877 2968
- $2.00 - members. $10.00 non members
- $10.00 per hour - Members; $20.00 per hour - Non members
- 10.00 am - 2.00 pm 2nd Tuesday February - December 10.00 am - 2.00 pm 4th Monday February - November 10.00 am - 1.30 pm 3rd Saturday February - November (2nd Saturday December) Meetings at 2.00pm on 3rd Saturday, as above Address - Oakleigh Baptist Church Cnr Warrigal Rd and Moorookyle Ave Oakleigh Vic 3166 Melway Ref: 69 E10
- $27.00 Single; $40.00 Family; $300.00 Life
- Cornish Association of Victoria Inc. Newsletter. Quarterly
The C.A.V. was founded by people whose ancestors had migrated from Cornwall. Many of these ancestors came to Australia because of their knowledge of hard rock mining.
To stimulate an interest in Cornish History and Genealogy is one of the main objectives of the Association. Meetings are held on the 3rd Saturday February to November with speakers talking on varying topics related to these objectives. As well we arrange outings to points of Cornish interest and have held Festivals in Bendigo, Eaglehawk and Ballarat.
Our Library holds a large range of Cornish records, and some Australian records, to assist those doing research. We have all the records published by the Cornwall Family History Society.
Membership is open to Cornish persons, by birth or descent, their spouses and their children and other persons with an interest in Cornwall.
Ballarat Branch meets on the 1st Saturday of EVEN months at St Cuthberts Hall, Sturt St Ballarat at 5.00 pm
Geelong Branch meets on the 3rd Wednesday of ODD months at the Uniting Church Hall, Cnr Bellarine Hwy and Boundary Rd, East Geelong at 7.30 pm