Queensland Government Gazette 1903
The Government Gazettes are a unique, useful and extremely fascinating resource for local, family and social historians and researchers in other fields throughout Australia. They were published by the government as a means of communication to officials and the general public and therefore contain information that is of great use in establishing an image of Australia and its people in the past.
The 1903 Queensland Government Gazette contains:
- Appointments, promotions and resignations for
- Civil and Public Service
- Queensland Defence Force
- Trustees of cemeteries, racecourses, &c.
- Members of Boards and Committees
- Appointments of magistrates and Justices of the Peace
- Dissolution of business partnerships
- Government Acts and Proclamations
- Intestacy returns and notices
- Insolvency notices
- Land records including Crown Land leases
- Lists of unclaimed letters
- Notices or rewards for lost or stolen property and stock
- Patents and inventions
- Probate notices
- Professional lists including medical practitioners, chemists, ministers of religion
- Transmissions of real estate by death
- Trademark registrations
- Other – including road closures, unclaimed property and tender notices
In 1903 Acts were passed authorizing the construction of two new railways – one in the Charters Towers area, the other in the Shire of Queenton – both to provide access to gold mines. The gazette includes maps of the proposed lines.
An Act to Authorise the Queen Cross Reef Gold Mining Company, Limited, to Construct and Maintain a Branch Line of Railway connecting with the Northern Railway. [ASSENTED TO 13TH NOVEMBER, 1903.] WHEREAS the Queen Cross Reef Gold Mining Company, Limited, being a Company incorporated under "The Companies Acts, 1863 to 1896", is desirous of constructing and maintaining a Branch Line of Railway to be connected with the Northern Railway: And whereas it is expedient for the purpose of better enabling the said Company to carry on its mining operations that it should be empowered to construct and maintain such Branch Railway ...