New South Wales State Electoral Roll 1913 Volume 9
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This CD contains the state electoral rolls for the Lachlan, Leichhardt, Lismore, Liverpool Plains and Lyndhurst Districts of New South Wales for 1913 – over 1,000 pages. Apart from the main roll some districts also have supplemental rolls. You will find the details of tens of thousands of voters who resided in New South Wales at this time who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Importantly, the roll includes the names of many women qualified to vote for the election of members of the state parliament.
Each district consists of a number of polling-places, the number of which is quite variable across the various districts.
- District of Lachlan: Badjerribong, Barmedman, Bena, Billy's Lookout, Bimbi, Bobadah, Bogan Gate, Bruie Plains, Buddigower, Burrawang, Cargellieo, Carrigan, Condoublin, Daisy Park, Dandaloo, Derriwong, Elswick, Eremeran, Euabalong, Farrendale, Fifield, Gilgunnia Gold-field, Gobothery, Hiawatha, Jumble Plains, Kildary, Lansdale, Mallee Plains, Marsden, Melrose, Merri Merrigal, Mickabil North, Milby, Milby West, Mil Dil, Mineral Hill, Moonbi, Morangarell, Mount Hope, Mount Tallebong, Mowabla, Nymagee, Ootha, Piney Range, Rankin’s Springs, Reefton, Shuttleton, Tabratong, The Carse, The Yarrans, Tinda, Tottenham, Trundle, Trungley, Tullamore, Ungarie, Vermont Hill, Wallanbillan, Wamboyne, Warroo, West Wyalong, Wheatacre, Wyalong, Yalgogrin North, Yalgogrin South and Yarran Waterholes
- District of Leichhardt: Leichhardt and Leichhardt Hill
- District of Lismore: Alphadale, Alstonville, Bexhill, Broadwater, Chelmsford, Chilcott's Grass, Clunes, Coffee Camp, Corndale, Dorroughby, Dungarubba, Dunoon, Eltham, Eureka, Federal, Georgica, German Creek, Goolmangar, Goonellebah, Goonengerry, Jiggi, Keerong, Konorigan, Lillian Rock, Lismore, Lismore North, Lismore South, Lynwood, McLean’s Ridges, Meerschaum Vale, Monaltrie, Nimbin, Numulgi, Pearce’s Creek, Pimlico, Repentance Creek, Riley’s Hill, Rosebank, Rous Mill, The Channon, Tregeagle, Tucki, Tuncester, Wardell, Webster’s Creek, Wilson’s Creek, Wollongbar and Wyrallah
- District of Liverpool Plains: Appletree Flat, Basin Plains, Bearbong, Biamble, Binnaway, Blackville, Bogabri, Bolaro, Braemar, Breeza, Bundella, Carara near Curlewis, Caroona, Carroll, Cobborah, Colly Blue, Coocooboonah, Coolah, Coonabarrabran, Craboon, Curlewis, Dunedoo, Elong Elong, Emerald Hill, Glasston, Gollan, Gunnedah, Kelvin, Leadville, Mendooran, Merrygoen, Meruthera, Milroy, Oakfield, Pibbon, Pine Ridge, Purlewaugh, Sandy Creek, Saunders' Mill, Spring Ridge, Stubbo, Tallawang, Tallawang-road, Tambar Springs, The Flags, Tuckland, Uarbry, Wean, Weetalabah, Wharkton, Windy, Wyaldra and Yarraman
- District of Lyndhurst: Abercrombie, Arkstone, Back Creek, Bangaroo, Barry, Bellimari, Blayney, Broula, Brown’s Creek, Brownlea, Burnt Yards, Burraga, Caloola, Canimbla, Canowindra, Carcoar, Cocomingla, Cow Flat, Cowra, Cucumgilliga, Darby’s Falls, Edith, Essington, Flyer’s Creek, Gallymont, Gingkin, Greghamstown, Hillsbury, Hobby's Yard, Holmwood, Isabella, Jaunter, Judd’s Creek, Junction Reefs, Lockwood, Lyndhurst, Mandurama, Marrangulla, Merriganowery, Millthorpe, Moorilda, Morongla Creek, Mount David, Mount Macdonald, Neila, Neville, Norway, Nyrang Creek, Paling Yards, Pine Mount, Porter’s Retreat, Rockley, Rocky Bridge, Shaw, Sewell Creek, Shooter's Hill, Swatchfield, Tauner's Mount, Triangle Flat, Trunkey Creek, Walleroos, Walli, Warrangong, Warwick, Wattamondra, Westville, Woodstock, Wyangla
Electors are arranged alphabetically within each polling-place. The following information is included for each person:
- No. on roll
- Surname of each elector
- Christian name of each elector at full length
- State District and Polling-place