New South Wales State Electoral Roll 1913 Volume 8
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This CD contains the state electoral rolls for the Hartley, Hastings and Macleay, Hawkesbury, Hurstville, Kahibah and King Districts of New South Wales for 1913 – over 1,100 pages. Apart from the main roll some districts also have supplemental rolls. You will find the details of tens of thousands of voters who resided in New South Wales at this time who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Importantly, the roll includes the names of many women qualified to vote for the election of members of the state parliament.
Each district consists of a number of polling-places, the number of which is quite variable across the various districts.
- District of Hartley: Blackheath, Bowenfels South, Clarence Siding, Duckmaloi, Hampton, Hartley Vale, Jenolan Caves, Katoomba, King's Tableland, Leura, Lithgow, Little Hartley, Lowther, Medlow, Megalong, Mount Victoria, Newnes, Piper's Flat, Portland, Rydal, Sodwalls, Wallerawang and Wentworth Falls
- District of Hastings and Macleay: Argent’s Hill, Barraganyatti, Beechwood, Bellangry, Bellbrook, Bellimbopinni, Bowra, Brombin, Burrapine, Clybucca, Collombatti, Dick’s Mount, Dondingalong, Ellenborough, Eungai, Five-day Creek, Forbes River, Frederickton, Gannon’s Creek, George’s Creek, Gladstone, Greenhill, Heron’s Creek, Hickey’s Creek, Jerseyville, Kendall, Kew, Kinchela, Laurieton, Laverty’s Crossing, Long Flat, Lower Taylor’s Arm, Macksville, Missabotti, Moorparrabah, Nulla Nulla Creek, Pappinbarra Creek, Pee Dee, Port Macquarie, Rawdon Island, Rolland’s Plains, Sherwood, Skillion Flat, Smith's Creek, Smith Town, Stoney Creek, Stuart’s Point, Telegraph Point, Temagog, Thone Creek, Upper Belmore River, Upper Eungai, Upper Five-day Creek, Upper Hickey’s Creek, Upper Pappinbarra Creek, Uralgarra, Warrell Creek, Wauchope, West Kempsey, Willawarrin, Witittrin, Yarrabandinni and Yarras
- District of Hawkesbury: Agnes Banks, Bull Ridge, Castlereagh, Cattai, Central Colo, Comleroy Road, Cranebrook, Ebenezer, Emu, Fernleigh, Forrester, Freeman’s Reach, Glenbrook, Higher McDonald, Jamison Town, Kurrajong Heights, Lawson, Leet’s Vale, Llandilo, Lower Hawkesbury, Mangrove Creek, Mangrove Mountain, Marsden Park, Mount Irvine, Mouth of Colo, Mulgoa, Newtown (Windsor), North Kurrajong, Norwood, Penrith, Pitt Town, Portland Head, Richmond, Richmond North, Riverstone, Sackville, Sackville Reach, Springwood, St. Albans, Upper Castlereagh, Upper Colo, Vineyard, Webb’s Creek, Wilberforce, Windsor, Wiseman’s Ferry and Woodford
- District of Hurstville: Audley, Bangor, Carlton, Como, Cronulla, Dumbleton, Heathcote, Hurstville, Kogarah, Lilli Pilli, Miranda, Mortdale, Oatley, Peakhurst, Sans Souci, Sutherland, Sylvania and Waterfall
- District of Kahibah: Adamstown, Awaba, Belmont, Catherine Hill Bay, Charlestown, Dora Creek, Dudley, Fairview, Gosford, Kincumber, Mangrove Mountain, Morrisset, Narara, Ourimbah, Port Erina, Redhead, Swansea, The Glebe, Toronto, Wamberal, Warner’s Bay, Woy Woy, Wyee and Wyong
- District of King: Castlereagh-street and Plunkett-street
Electors are arranged alphabetically within each polling-place. The following information is included for each person:
- No. on roll
- Surname of each elector
- Christian name of each elector at full length
- State District and Polling-place