New South Wales State Electoral Roll 1913 Volume 7
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This CD contains the state electoral rolls for the Gordon, Gough, Goulburn, Granville and Gwydir Districts of New South Wales for 1913 – over 1,000 pages. Apart from the main roll some districts also have supplemental rolls. You will find the details of tens of thousands of voters who resided in New South Wales at this time who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Importantly, the roll includes the names of many women qualified to vote for the election of members of the state parliament.
Each district consists of a number of polling-places, the number of which is quite variable across the various districts.
- District of Gordon: Chatswood, Gordon, Gore Hill, High-street (Willoughby), Killara, Lindfield, Longueville, Mowbray-road (Chatswood), Roseville, St. Ives and Willoughby
- District of Gough: Bald Nob, Ben Lomond, Bismuth, Bolivia, Brodie's Plains, Deepwater, Dundee, East Lynn, Elsmore, Emmaville, Fladbury, Gilgai, Glencoe, Glen Elgin, Glen Innes, Graham's Valley, Inverell, Kangaroo Camp, Kingsgate, Lamb's Valley, Matheson, Mole Crossing near Mingoola, Mount Mitchell, Reddestone, Red Range, Shannon Vale, Silent Grove, Stannifer, Stannum, Strathbogie, Swan Vale, Tent Hill, The Gulf, The Mole, Torrington, Tungsten, Wellingrove and Wellington Vale
- District of Goulburn: Belmont Forest, Binda, Boro, Boxer’s Creek, Bredalbane, Bungendore, Bywong, Collector, Crookwell, Cullarin, Currawang, Fullerton, Goulburn (City), Goulburn East, Goulburn North, Goulburn South, Gundaroo, Gunning, Gurrundah, Kempton, Kenmore, Kialla, Kingsdale, Laggan, Lake Bathurst, Lerida, Manar, Middle Arm, Mount Fairy, Mummell, Parkesbourne, Pomeroy, Roslyn, Sutton, Tarago, Tarlo, The Forest, Thornford, Tiranna, Towrang, Woodhouselee and Yarra
- District of Granville: Auburn, Flemington, Granville, Guildford, Holroyd, Merrylands, North Auburn, Rookwood and South Rookwood
- District of Gwydir: Arrawatta, Ashford, Ashley, Beefwood, Benarba, Berrigal, Birrabirramah, Boggabilla, Bonshaw, Boobora, Boomi, Bukkulla, Bullarah, Burraweeda, Camp Creek, Cherry-tree Hill, Clylie, Coolatai, Cooma, Copeton West, Curragundi, Delungra, Dolgelly, Dumaresq River, Florida (Grace’s), Garah, Gil Gil Station, Goomoorah, Gordon, Gragin Siding, Graman, Gravesend, Gum Flat, Gurley Station, Inverell, Kelly’s Gully, King’s Plain, Lindon Downs, Little Plain, Lock Adair, Macarthurs, Mandoe, Mobbinbry, Moree, Mungindi, Myall Creek, New Gunyerwarildi, Nullamanna, Oakwood, Pallamalawa, Pindari, Rob Roy, Rocky Creek, Rocky Dam, Sapphire, Severn River, Tackinbri, Terry Hie Hie, Texas, Tycannah, Wallangra, Warialda, Weeweelanga, Woodlands and Yetman
Electors are arranged alphabetically within each polling-place. The following information is included for each person:
- No. on roll
- Surname of each elector
- Christian name of each elector at full length
- State District and Polling-place