New South Wales State Electoral Roll 1913 Volume 5
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This CD contains the state electoral rolls for the Cobar, Cootamundra, Corowa, Darling Harbour, Darlinghurst and Drummoyne Districts of New South Wales for 1913 – over 1,100 pages. Apart from the main roll some districts also have supplemental rolls. You will find the details of tens of thousands of voters who resided in New South Wales at this time who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Importantly, the roll includes the names of many women qualified to vote for the election of members of the state parliament.
Each district consists of a number of polling-places, the number of which is quite variable across the various districts.
- District of Cobar: Angledool, Barringun, Beemery, Bourke, Brewarrina, Buddabadah, Budgery Mines, Bundabulla, Byerock, Canbelego, Canonba, Charlton, Cobar, Compadore, Coolabah, C.S.A. Mines, Curraweena, Double Gates, Dry Lake, Dunlop, East Toorale, Enngonia, Ford’s Bridge, Girilambone, Gongolgon, Goodooga, Goombalie, Goorimpa, Grass Hut, Hermidale, Illewong, Lissington, Louth, Meryula, Miandetta, Milroy, Mooculta Siding, Morton Plains, Mount Boppy, Mount Drysdale, Mullengudgerie, Newfoundland, North Bourke, Nyngan, Old Brindingabba, Paddington, Pera, 75-Mile Bore, Talyeale, Tarcoon, Tatala, The Meadows, Thurlow Downs, Tilpa, Tinapagee, Toorale, Tubba, Walloo, Wanaaring, Warraweena, Weilmoringle, Willawillingbah, Winbar, Wrightville, Wuttagoona, Yantabulla, Yarrawin and Youngarignia
- District of Cootamundra: Adelong Crossing, Bethungra, Burra Creek, Clarendon, Combaning, Coolac, Cootamundra, Dudauman, Frampton, Gundagai, Illabo, Jugiong, Junee, Junee Reefs, Mimosa, Mitta Mitta, Murrulebale, Muttama, Nangus, North Gobarralong, Old Junee, Quandary, Reno, Rosehill, Sebastopol, South Gundagai, Springdale, Stockinbingal, Temora ands Wantabadgery
- District of Corowa: Argoon, Athole, Balldale, Barooga, Berrigan, Boree Creek, Brocklesby, Bulgandra, Bundure, Bungowannah, Burrumbuttock, Carlyle, Coreen, Corowa, Daysdale, Finley, Greenvale, Howlong, Jerilderie, Lockhart, Lowesdale, Mahonga, Milbrulong, Momolong, Moorwatha, Morundah, Mount Gwynne, Mucra, Mulwala, Nangunia, Nowranie, Oaklands, Osborne, Pleasant Hills, Ringwood, Savernake, Sherwyn, Tocumwal, Urana, Walbundry, Walla Walla and Wilson
- District of Darling Harbour: At or near the Town Hall (Sydney), Fort-street and Point-street
- District of Darlinghurst: Darlinghurst-road
- District of Drummoyne: Concord, Hunter’s Hill, Drummoyne, Mortlake, Five Dock, Powell’s Estate and Woolwich
Electors are arranged alphabetically within each polling-place. The following information is included for each person:
- No. on roll
- Surname of each elector
- Christian name of each elector at full length
- State District and Polling-place