New South Wales State Electoral Roll 1913 Volume 4
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This CD contains the state electoral rolls for the Camperdown, Canterbury, Castlereagh, Cessnock and Clarence Districts of New South Wales for 1913 – over 900 pages. Apart from the main roll some districts also have supplemental rolls. You will find the details of tens of thousands of voters who resided in New South Wales at this time who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Importantly, the roll includes the names of many women qualified to vote for the election of members of the state parliament.
Each district consists of a number of polling-places, the number of which is quite variable across the various districts.
- District of Camperdown: Camperdown and Darlington
- District of Canterbury: Bankstown, Belmore, Campsie, Canterbury, Croydon Park, Hurlstone Park, Illawarra-road, North Bankstown, Penshurst Park, South Ashfield and South Bankstown
- District of Castlereagh: Armatree, Balladoran, Belarbigill, Belaringar, Bennett's Flat, Bourbah, Box Ridge, Brocklehurst, Buckinguy, Bullagreen, Bullarora Woolshed, Bundemar, Calga, Claremont, Collie, Coonamble, Curban, Eumong Park, Eumungerie, Gilgandra, Gin Gin, Gradgery, Gulargambone, Inglegar, Kickerbil, Mogriguy, Mount Harris, Narromine, Nevertire, Pier Pier, Pine View, Quambone, Quilbone, Tenandra, Timbrebongie, Tooloon, Tooraweenah, Trangie, Warren, Weetalibah and Woodside
- District of Cessnock: Aberdare, Abermain, Buchanan, Cessnock, Heddon Greta, Kurri Kurri, Neath, Pelaw Main, Weston, West Minmi and West Wallsend
- District of Clarence: Alumy Creek, Appletree Flat, Baryulgil, Bora Ridge, Broadmouth, Brushgrove, Bungawalbin, Busby’ss Flat, Camira, Cangai, Carr’s Creek, Chatsworth Island, Coaldale, Copmanhurst, Cowper, Ellangowan, Fine Flour Creek, Grafton, Harwood, Iluka, King’s Creek, Lawrence, Lionsville, Lower Myrtle Creek, Lower Southgate, Maclean, Mongogarie, Mororo, Mummulgum, New Italy, Palmer Island, Palmer’s Channel, Rappville, Saltwater, Shark Creek, Southgate, Stockyard Creek, Swan Bay, Tullymorgan, Tyndale, Wombah, Woodburn, Woodburn South, Woodford Dale, Woodford Leigh, Wyandah and Yamba
Electors are arranged alphabetically within each polling-place. The following information is included for each person:
- No. on roll
- Surname of each elector
- Christian name of each elector at full length
- State District and Polling-place