New South Wales State Electoral Roll 1913 Volume 2
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This CD contains the state electoral rolls for the Ashfield, Balmain, Bathurst, Bega, Belmore and Bingara Districts of New South Wales for 1913 – almost 1,100 pages. Apart from the main roll some districts also have supplemental rolls. You will find the details of tens of thousands of voters who resided in New South Wales at this time who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Importantly, the roll includes the names of many women qualified to vote for the election of members of the state parliament.
Each district consists of a number of polling-places, the number of which is quite variable across the various districts.
- District of Ashfield: Bland-street, Haberfield, Liverpool-road and Summer Hill
- District of Balmain: Balmain, Balmain East and Balmain North
- District of Bathurst: Back Swamp, Bathurst, Bathurst Railway Station, Bathurst South, Bathurst West, Brewongle, Clear Creek, Dark Corner, East Guyong, Eglington, Evan’s Plains, Freemantle, George’s Plains, Glanmire, Hazelgrove, Kelso, King’s Plains, Lagoon on Campbell's River, Limekilns, Meadow Flat, Newbridge, Oberon, O’Connell, Orton Park, Palmer’s Oakey, Peel, Perth, Sofala, Sunny Corner, Tarana, Tarana Quarries, Turondale, Vittoria, Wattle Flat, White Rock, Wimbledon, Winburndale, Wiseman’s Creek and Yetholme
- District of Bega: Baelcoola, Bateman's Bay, Bega, Bemboka, Bermagui, Big Bog, Bodalla, Bombala, Brickyards, Brogo, Burragate, Candelo, Central Tilba, Cobargo, Corunna, Deua River, Dignam’s Creek, East Boyd, Eden, Eurobodalla, Galba, Kiah River, Lochiel, Merimbula, Mila, Millingandi, Mogilla, Mogo, Moruya, Mount Darragh, Murrah, Narooma, Nelligen, Nerrigundah, Nethercote, Numbugga, Panbula, Pericoe, Pipe-clay Creek, Punkalla, Quaama, Quinburra, Rockton, Rocky Hall, Tanja, Tantawanglo, Tathra, Tilba Tilba, Tomakin, Towamba, Turlinjah, Upper Brogo, Wandellow, Warburton Creek, Wolumla, Woollingubrah, Wyndham, Yambulla and Yourie
- District of Belmore: Chalmers-street and Elizabeth-street
- District of Bingara: Abington, Baker’s Creek, Balala, Baldersleigh, Barraba, Bell's Swamp, Bendemeer, Ben Lomond, Bereen, Bingara, Bundarra, Cobbadah, Cooringoora, Copeton, Crow Mountain, Elcombe, George's Creek, Green Valley, Gulf Creek, Guyra, Guyra North, Hall’s Creek, Horton River, Howell, Kentucky Sheep Station, Kingstown, Llangothlin, Maitland Point, Manilla, Paleroo, Pallal, Stanborough, Tenterden, Tingha, Upper Bingara, Upper Manilla, Wandsworth, Watson's Creek, Wongo Creek, Wood's Reef, Woolbrook and Yarrowyck
Electors are arranged alphabetically within each polling-place. The following information is included for each person:
- No. on roll
- Surname of each elector
- Christian name of each elector at full length
- State District and Polling-place