New South Wales State Electoral Roll 1913 Volume 16
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This CD contains the state electoral rolls for the Willyama, Wollondilly, Wollongong, Woollahra and Yass Districts of New South Wales for 1913 – almost 1,000 pages. Apart from the main roll some districts also have supplemental rolls.
You will find the details of tens of thousands of voters who resided in New South Wales at this time who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Importantly, the roll includes the names of many women qualified to vote for the election of members of the state parliament.
Each district consists of a number of polling-places, the number of which is quite variable across the various districts.
- District of Willyama: Acacia Dam, Argent-street North, Cobham, Corona, Euriowie, Gemville, Iodide-street, Lane-street, Llangawirra, McCulloch Park, Milparinka, Nundora, Nuntherungie, Oxide-street between Chapple and William streets, Salisbury Downs, Silverton, Stephen’s Creek, Taltingan, Thomas-street (near Tram Terminus), Tibooburra, Torrowangee, Victoria Hotel (Near), Weinteriga, White Cliffs, Wilcannia, Williams-street, Yalpunga, Yancannia, Yandama, Yandarlo and Yantara
- District of Wollondilly: Appin, Balmoral, Bannaby, Bargo, Berrima, Big Hill, Bimlow, Bowral, Bundanoon, Bungonia, Burragorang, Burrawang, Canyon Leigh, Charley’s Forest, Curraweela, Douglas Park, East Kangaloon, Exeter, Glenquarry, Golspie, Greenwich Park, Gundary, Jerrara, Joadja, Kangaloon, Larbert, Long Reach, Lower Boro, Marlowe, Marulan, Menangle, Mittagong, Mongarlowe, Moss Vale, Nerriga, Oakdale, Oallen, Picton, Ravenswood, Robertson, Strathmore, Sutton Forest, Tallong, Taralga, Thirlmere, Upper Burragorang, Wanganderry, Wedderburn, Welcome Reefs, Wilton, Windellama, Wingello, Wombeyan Caves, Yarrunga and Yerranderie
- District of Wollongong: Balgownie, Bellambi, Bulli, Cawley, Clifton, Coledale, Corrimal, Helensburgh, Keira Heights, Keira Village, Old Bulli, Otford , Para Meadow, Scarborough, Tarrawanna, Thirroul, Wollongong and Woonona
- District of Woollahra: Darling Point, Double Bay, Queen-street, Ocean-street and Paddington
- District of Yass: Adjungbilly, Argalong, Bedellick, Berremangra, Bevendale, Bigga, Binalong, Black Range, Blakney Creek, Blanket Flat, Blind Creek Diggings, Blowering East, Blowering West, Bombowlee Creek, Bookham, Boorowa, Bowning, Bridge Creek, Brindabella, Brungle, Burrinjuck, Byalla, Cavan, Coolalie, Crooked Corner, Dalton, Darbalara, Frogmore, Galong, Godfrey’s Creek, Goobarralong South, Goobragandra, Good Hope, Goondah, Grabben Gullen, Greenfield Farm, Gurrundah, Graham, Hughstonia, Jeir, Jeremiah, Jerrawa, Junction Point, Kangiara, Lacmalac, Ledgerton, Limerick, Lost River, Manton, McMahon’s Reef, Micalong, Morumbateman, Narrawa, Peelwood, Reid’s Flat, Rosemount, Rugby, Rye Park, Tangmangaroo, Taylor’s Flat, Tuena, Tumorrama, Tumut, Wagragobilly, Wallaroo, Wargeila, Weejasper, Yass and Yass Junction
Electors are arranged alphabetically within each polling-place. The following information is included for each person:
- No. on roll
- Surname of each elector
- Christian name of each elector at full length
- State District and Polling-place