New South Wales State Electoral Roll 1913 Volume 15
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This CD contains the state electoral rolls for the Upper Hunter, Wagga Wagga, Wallsend, Waverley, Wickham and Willoughby Districts of New South Wales for 1913 – over 1,000 pages. Apart from the main roll some districts also have supplemental rolls. You will find the details of tens of thousands of voters who resided in New South Wales at this time who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Importantly, the roll includes the names of many women qualified to vote for the election of members of the state parliament.
Each district consists of a number of polling-places, the number of which is quite variable across the various districts.
- District of Upper Hunter: Aberdeen, Ardglen, Belltrees, Blandford, Brushy Hill , Bunnan, Cassilis, Coal Creek, Collaroy, Dale’s Creek, Denman, Ellerston, Giant’s Creek, Glasston, Gundy, Gungal, Idaville, Kars Springs, Kyuga, Lower Rouchel, Main Camp, Merriwa, Moonan Brook, Moonan Flat, Murrurundi, Muscle Creek, Muswellbrook, Owen’s Gap, Parkville, Quirindi, Sandy Creek, Scone, Segenhoe, Sparke’s Creek, Stewart’s Brook, Temi, Turill, Warrah, Whissonsett, Willow Tree, Wingen and Wybong
- District of Wagga Wagga: Adelong, Book Book, Borambula, Downside, Gilmore, Gocup, Grahamstown, Hillside, Yaven Yaven, Ladysmith, Lake Albert, Malebo, Mangoplah, Mount Adrah, Mundarlo, Mundowy, Oberne, Oura, Pulletop, Sandy Creek, Sharp’s Creek , The Rock, Tollendool, Tootool, Tooyal, Upper Tarcutta, Urinquinty, Wagga Wagga, Wallace Town, Wondalga, Woomahrigong and Yabtree
- District of Wallsend: Ash Island, Boolaroo, Cardiff, Holmesville, Jesmond, Killingworth, Lambton, Minmi, Mosquito Island, New Lambton, Plattsburg, Rhondda, Teralba, Wallsend, Waratah and Young Wallsend
- District of Waverley: Bondi-road, Ebley-street, Kensington, Mill Hill and Waverley
- District of Wickham: Brunker’s-road, Islington, Maryville (Smedmore), Mayfield, North Hamilton, North Wickham, South Hamilton, South Wickham and Tighe’s Hill
- District of Willoughby: Crow’s Nest, Greenwich, Lane Cove road, North Sydney, Miller-street, North Sydney and Naremburn
Electors are arranged alphabetically within each polling-place. The following information is included for each person:
- No. on roll
- Surname of each elector
- Christian name of each elector at full length
- State District and Polling-place