New South Wales State Electoral Roll 1913 Volume 14
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This CD contains the state electoral rolls for the St George, St Leonards, Sturt, Surry Hills, Tamworth and Tenterfield Districts of New South Wales for 1913 – over 1,100 pages. Apart from the main roll some districts also have supplemental rolls. You will find the details of tens of thousands of voters who resided in New South Wales at this time who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Importantly, the roll includes the names of many women qualified to vote for the election of members of the state parliament.
Each district consists of a number of polling-places, the number of which is quite variable across the various districts.
- District of St George: Arncliffe, Banksia, Bexley, Brighton-le-Sands, Kogarah, Rockdale and Wollongong-road
- District of St Leonards: Blue’s Point, Milson’s Point, Mount-street and Neutral Bay
- District of Sturt: Argent-street (between Chloride and Sulphide streets), Argent-street North, Ascot Vale, Blackgate, Buckalow, Burns, Cuthero, Eyre-street North, Eyre-street South, Gypsum-street, Kars, Menindie, Mica-street (near Gypsum-street), Middle Camp (Netley Station), Oxide-street, Patton-street, Pinnacles, Proprietary Mine, Ryan-street, Wolfram-street (between Sulphide and Bromide streets) and Wycot
- District of Surry Hills: Surry Hills
- District of Tamworth: Attunga, Bective, Bowling Alley Point, Castle Mountain, Currabubula, Duncan’s Creek, Duri, Gaspard, Gidley, Goonoo Goonoo, Hallsville, Hanging Rock, Keepit, Limbri, Lower Dungowan, Moonbi, Moor Creek, Murroon, Nemingha, Niangala, Nundle, Ogunbil, Quipolly, Quirindi, Rywung, Somerton, Tamworth, Upper Dungowan, Upper Quipolly, Wallabadah, Warral, Werris Creek, West Tamworth, Winton and Woolomin
- District of Tenterfield: Acacia Creek, Bentley, Black Swamp, Bluff Rock, Bonalbo, Boonoo Boonoo, Boorabbee Park, Bottle Creek, Bryan’s Gap, Bungabee, Bungulla, Casino, Clifton Gates, Clovass, Codrington, Coraki, Deep Creek, Dobie’s Bight, Drake, East Coraki, Eden Creek, Ettrick, Ewingar Creek, Fairy Hill, Fernside, Green Ridge, Gundurimba, Horse-shoe Creek, Jennings, Kyogle, Lower Acacia Creek, Lynch’s Creek, McKee's Hill, Mallanganee, Maryland, New Koreelah, Old Koreelah, Paddy’s Flat, Peacock Creek, Poverty Point, Pretty Gully, Rivertree, Ruthven, Sandy Flat, Sandy Hill, Spring Grove, Steinbrook, Sunnyside, Tabulam, Tarban, Tatham, Tenterfield, Terrace Creek, The Scrub, The Risk, Timbarra, Tooloom, Tuckurimba, Urbenville, White Swamp, Wilson’s Downfall, Woodenbong, Wood View and Wylie Creek
Electors are arranged alphabetically within each polling-place. The following information is included for each person:
- No. on roll
- Surname of each elector
- Christian name of each elector at full length
- State District and Polling-place