New South Wales State Electoral Roll 1913 Volume 13
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This CD contains the state electoral rolls for the Randwick, Redfern, Rozelle, Ryde and Singleton Districts of New South Wales for 1913 – over 900 pages. Apart from the main roll some districts also have supplemental rolls. You will find the details of tens of thousands of voters who resided in New South Wales at this time who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Importantly, the roll includes the names of many women qualified to vote for the election of members of the state parliament.
Each district consists of a number of polling-places, the number of which is quite variable across the various districts.
- District of Randwick: Coogee, Kensington, Little Coogee, Long Bay and Randwick
- District of Redfern: Redfern
- District of Rozelle: East RozeIle, Lilyfield, Rozelle and West Rozelle
- District of Ryde: Arcadia, Beecroft, Berowra, Eastwood, Epping, Galston, Gladesville, Glenorie, Hawkesbury Railway Station, Hornsby, Marsfield, Mount Colah, North Ryde, Pymble, Ryde, South Hornsby, Thornleigh, Turramurra and Wahroonga
- District of Singleton: Allandale, Baerami, Belford, Branxton , Bridgeman , Broke , Bulga, Camberwell, Carrow Brook, Central Wattagan, Cooranbong, Doyle’s Creek, Elderslie, Ellalong, Glendon, Glendon Brook, Goorangoola, Greta, Hebden, Howe's Valley, Jerry's Plains, Jilliby Jilliby, Kerrabee, Laguna, Liddell, Lower Belford, Maison Dieu, Marana Creek, Martindale, Martinsville, Millfield, Mitchell's Flat, Mount View, Mulbring, Payne's Crossing, Pokolbin, Putty, Rix’s Creek, Rothbury, Singleton, South Singleton, St. Clair, Sweetman’s Creek, Vere, Warkworth, Westbrook, Widdin Creek, Wollombi, Yango, Yarramalong and Yarrawa
Electors are arranged alphabetically within each polling-place. The following information is included for each person:
- No. on roll
- Surname of each elector
- Christian name of each elector at full length
- State District and Polling-place