New South Wales State Electoral Roll 1913 Volume 12
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This CD contains the state electoral rolls for the Orange, Paddington, Parramatta, Petersham, Phillip and Raleigh Districts of New South Wales for 1913 – almost 1,100 pages. Apart from the main roll some districts also have supplemental rolls. You will find the details of tens of thousands of voters who resided in New South Wales at this time who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Importantly, the roll includes the names of many women qualified to vote for the election of members of the state parliament.
Each district consists of a number of polling-places, the number of which is quite variable across the various districts.
- District of Orange: Amaroo, Barragun, Belpage, Beneree, Boomey, Borenore, Bowan Park, Burdett, Byng, Cadia, Canoblas, Cargo, Cave Creek, Cheeseman’s Creek, Clergate, Coffee Hills, Cudal, Cumnock, East Orange, Forest Reefs, Garra, Gumble, Lewis Ponds, Lucknow, Manildra, March, Molong, Mullion Creek, Native Dog Creek, Ophir, Orange, Pinecliff, Red Hill, Rosedale Mine, Shadforth, Spring Hill, Springside, Spring Terrace, Tallwood, Toogong and Waldegrave
- District of Paddington: Barcom, Glenmore-road and Oxford-street
- District of Parramatta: Annangrove, Baulkham Hills, Carlingford, Castle Hill, Dundas, Dural, Ermington, Glenhaven, Harris Park, Kellyville, Kenthurst, Parramatta, Parramatta North, Pennant Hills West, Rouse Hill, Rydalmere, Toongabbie and Wentworthville
- District of Petersham: Lewisham and Petersham
- District of Phillip: Allen-street, Chippendale and Mary Ann street
- District of Raleigh: Bellingen, Bellingen Heads, Blaxland's Creek, Bonville, Brierfield, Buccarumbi, Burragan, Central Bucca, Central Orara, Chambigne, Clarenza, Coff’s Harbour, Coff’s Harbour Jetty, Coramba, Corindi, Coutt’s Crossing, Dairyville, Dalmorton, Deep Creek, Deervale, Dorrigo Village, Dunvegan, Eatonsville, Fernmount, Gerrymberryn, Gleniffer, Glenreagh, Halfway Creek, Hernani, Kalang, Karangi, Lavadia, Leigh, Little Nymboida, Little Plain, Lower Bucca, Nambucca Heads, Nana Glen, Never Never, Newton Boyd, Nymboida, Pillar Valley, Raleigh, Ramornie, Seelands, South Grafton, Swan Creek, Tucabia, Tyringham, Ulmarra, Ulong Creek, Upper Bellingen, Upper Coldstream, Upper Kangaroo Creek, Wirrimbi and Woolgoolga
Electors are arranged alphabetically within each polling-place. The following information is included for each person:
- No. on roll
- Surname of each elector
- Christian name of each elector at full length
- State District and Polling-place