New South Wales State Electoral Roll 1913 Volume 1
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This CD contains the state electoral rolls for the Albury, Alexandria, Allowrie, Annandale, Armidale and Ashburnham Districts of New South Wales for 1913 – almost 1,100 pages. Apart from the main roll some districts also have supplemental rolls. You will find the details of tens of thousands of voters who resided in New South Wales at this time who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Importantly, the roll includes the names of many women qualified to vote for the election of members of the state parliament.
Each district consists of a number of polling-places, the number of which is quite variable across the various districts.
- District of Albury: Albury, Batlow, Bowna, Bringenbrong, Carabost, Cookardinia, Courabyra, Culeairn, Dora Dora, Germanton, Gerogery, Henty, Humula, Jindera, Jingellic, Lankey's Creek, Laurel Hill, Lavington, Little Billabong, Lower Bago, Meragle, Mullanjandra, Mundaroo, Munyabla, Ournie, Ravine, Rosewood, Tooma, Tumbarumba, Westbrook, Woomargama, Wymah, Yarrangobilly, Yarrara and Yerong Creek
- District of Alexandria: Alexandria and Waterloo
- District of Allowrie: Albion Park, Bawley Point, Beaumont, Bellawongarah, Benandra, Berry, Bomaderry, Bombo, Broughton Village, Brownsville, Brundee, Budgong, Burrier, Cambewarra, Conjola, Coolangatta, Cordeaux River, Dapto, Dunmore, Fall's Creek, Figtree, Gerringong, Greenwell Point, Huskisson, Jamberoo, Kangaroo River, Kangaroo Valley, Kembla Heights, Kiama, Marshall Mount, Meroo Meadow, Milton, Morton, Mount Kembla, Nowra, Nowra Hill, Numba, Pheasant Ground, Port Kembla, Sassafras, Shallow Crossing, Shellharbour, Terara, Termeil, Tomerong, Tongarra, Ulladulla, Unanderra, Wandandian, Woodhill and Yalwal
- District of Annandale: Annandale, Johnstone-street, Annandale and South Annandale
- District of Armidale: Aberfoyle, Arding, Armidale, Backwater, Ben Lomond Estate, Black Mountain, Booroolong, Brockley, Castle Doyle, Donald, Dumaresq, Emu Creek, Enmore, Glen Morrison Diggings, Glen Ross, Guy Fawkes, Hernani, Hillgrove, Ingalba, Jeogla, Kelly's Plains, Kentucky, Kookabookra, Metz, Moona Plains, Nowendoc, Puddledock, Rockvale, Rockwood, Rocky River, Round Swamp, Salisbury Plains, St. Leonards Creek, Thalgarrah, Tia Diggings, Tilbuster, Tubbamurra, Uralla, Walcha, Walcha Road, Ward's Mistake, Waterloo, Wollomumbi, Wollun, Wongwibinda and Yarrowitch
- District of Ashburnham: Alectown, Back Yamma, Balderogery, Brolgah, Bulgandramine, Bunbury, Calarie, Cookamidgera, Cook’s Myall, Craigie Lea, Deep Lead, Droubalgie Siding, Eugowra, Eulamore, Eulong, Forbes, Goobang, Goolagong, Goonumbla, Gunningbland, Hilton, Ironbarks, Kamandra, Mafeking, McPhail, Meadow Bank, Merom, Mingelo, Mungery, Murga, Ooma, Parkes, Parkesborough, Peak Hill, Red Creek, Reedy Creek, The Gap, Tichborne Lead, Tomanbil, Tomingley, Trajere, Wallaby Park, Warraderry, Wowingragong and Yarran Vale
Electors are arranged alphabetically within each polling-place. The following information is included for each person:
- No. on roll
- Surname of each elector
- Christian name of each elector at full length
- State District and Polling Place