Cruise poll results
Here are the results of our 6th Unlock the Past poll. 214 people voted. 35 said they had been on a cruise before and 28 sent comments. With over 205 indications of strong interest (definite, probably and partner) it would seem that a block booking for 300 could be filled. Inevitably some may not be able to come at the time selected, but perhaps some of the 67 “maybes” could be persuaded. And of course we have only given very limited notice to date. We have now provisionally earmarked early-mid January 2011 for a 7 or 8 day cruise out of Brisbane or maybe Sydney. We will be looking to put together a top team of experts to make this an occasion to remember and a great value event for family and local historians. Watch out for further notice on our web site, blog and Twitter.
Would you consider joining a history-genealogy cruise? – 294 votes
- definitely – 57 – 19%
- probably – 74 – 25%
- maybe – 67 – 23%
- probably not – 7 – 2%
- no – can’t afford it – 10 – 3%
- no – not interested – 5 – 2%
- my partner may come too – 74 – 25%
- I have been on a cruise before – 35
- Comments (see below) 28
Where the voters came from
- Australia -206
- New Zealand – 5
- United States – 1
- Unknown – 2
- 2011 is my preference.
- 45 years ago
- As I live in the US it would take me at least two years to save up for the cruise plus my airfare to and from Australia.
- Can’t make it 2010/11 but would be very interested in a later cruise.
- cost would be a factor and date of cruise – holidays etc.
- definitely interested
- Definitely interested. Main factors probably dates and accommodation – not too keen on bunk in the bowels of the ship or next to the engine room!!!
- from Sydney only
- great idea
- Greek Islands
- Greek Islands, West Coast of America
- health may prevent me but fabulous idea
- I attended the last CONGRESS in Dublin. Would this be a bit like that?
- I think it is a fabulous idea and particularly the venue, as it enables people with disabilities to go and get around easily with the magnificently helpful staff, as well as enabling people to gather informally between sessions and compare notes.
- I would have come along but am planning a big trip to the UK the same year. Darn!
- if I could afford it
- legacy 7 have a Sydney – NZ – Sydney cruise advertised for November next year
- Legacy family tree are cruising from Sydney in 2010
- Maybe when i am retired
- need to be in school holidays as I work at a school and can’t get time off otherwise.
- Out of Sydney only
- perfect venue!
- Pls select a quality ship
- The best thing to happen since sliced bread
- we would definitely come – sounds a great idea. Hope its a goer
- Would my employer consider professional development as in attending a conference?
- Would never go on a cruise